“…to better serve customers in central and western Germany around the Rhine,” was the impetus behind Bosch deciding to open a sales house in Frankfurt in 1913, though the war initially prevented the construction of the building. The location was urgently needed as a carrier for the sales business. The sale of Bosch products had to be adapted to a steadily growing product range, increasingly distant sales markets, and a growing number of competitors. Opened on April 1, 1919, the Frankfurt sales house also helped establish new sales structures. It was important to maintain contact with the customers, from the engine designer and the automobile manufacturer to the large and small vehicle manufacturers. Customers not only received technical support, consultation and the required products at the sales house – the installation hall and repair workshop offered the additional convenience of having the necessary parts replaced or repaired immediately.